Doctors and hospitals treat an ever-increasing caseload of patients, using sophisticated procedures and devices to fix very complicated medical conditions.
But despite the successes and miracles taking place in medical settings occasionally there are lapses in judgment by medical practitioners, as well as deviations from approved standards of care, resulting in harm to patients.
If this harm is caused by negligence or misconduct by a medical professional or hospital, it is medical malpractice. Our attorneys in Illinois with the help of top experts can review medical files and are capable of filing lawsuits against radiologists, doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists. Medical mistakes often harm patients in the following ways:
- Impaired physical or cognitive function
- Wrongful death, funeral, and burial expenses
- Surgical expenses or intensive care
- The need for life support or life-saving medical equipment
- Ongoing doctor and medical bills
- Long-term rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Loss of wages, including future income
- Loss of consortium
- In-home or facility-based nursing care
- Home modifications to accommodate a disability
- Abuse and neglect in nursing homes
Hospital negligence and brain injuries
A lifetime of pain and suffering and mountains of medical bills can also result from medical malpractice. If injuries were caused by hospital negligence or other healthcare facility or by the reckless conduct of a medical care provider, that party may be responsible for the damages and losses that ensue.
Brain injuries can also result from accidents, birth injuries, stroke, or the failure of a healthcare provider to diagnose a condition. The brain injury lawyers of Phillips Law Offices fight for the compensation victims need to cope with lifelong brain injuries, such as loss of motor control, memory, or cognitive skills.
Located in Chicago, at the Phillips Law Offices, our injury attorneys received many industry accolades, including the following:
- Our malpractice attorneys—Stephen D. Phillips, and Jill M. Webb—were honored in the 2011 edition of Illinois Super Lawyers as Super Lawyers, and Terrence M. Quinn as a Rising Star.
- Stephen D. Phillips achieved the most settlements above $1 million in a single year in a statewide survey of lawyers.
- Stephen D. Phillips ranked as Super Lawyers in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Stephen D. Phillips ranked as one of the Top 100 Illinois trial lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association.
- Stephen D. Phillips is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating bestowed by peers in the legal community.
- In 2008, Jill M. Webb was named one of the “40 Illinois Attorneys to Watch” by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company.
In fact, we are often asked by opposing counsel and even opponents to represent their families and friends in medical malpractice matters, which speaks volumes about the accomplishments of our practice. Some specific areas we help our clients in are asbestos exposure, wrongful death, nursing home abuse, dental malpractice, and defective medical devices.
Contact us today
At the Phillips Law Offices, each Chicago malpractice lawyer offers the highest quality legal services to malpractice victims throughout Illinois. Please call us at (312) 346-4262, or contact us online today for a free attorney consultation about your case.